"Our Talent Is Finding Yours"
Global Law Firm’s Century City Office; Direct Hire; $50,800 - $80k (10 + years of experience)
Under the general direction of the Billing Manager and according to established Firm policies and procedures is responsible for the day-to-day administration of billing procedures including direction of accurate cash applications and management/preparation of complex client billing and e-billing by compiling data from client billing guidelines. This position requires creating monthly spreadsheets to manually consolidate multiple data elements for invoice preparation. Actively focuses on attorney/client/Firm billing requirements. This position requires heavy client and attorney contact. Maintains professionalism and strict confidentiality in all client and Firm matters.
Ability and availability to work from November 15th through January 31st preferably without scheduled time off (excluding medical/family emergencies) in order to meet Billing, e-Billing and Collection deadlines at year-end.
- Work closely with Local e-billing lead and Billing Manger to arrive at prompt resolution of client disputes and appeals.
- Work closely with Attorneys to implement client billing guidelines in time reporting and billing entries.
- Utilize computerized billing software programs.
- Assessment of billing policies while recommending policy improvements.
- Investigate and resolve problems, questions, and issues from all personnel as they relate to billing procedures. Reconciling discrepancies and problems by conducting complex and detailed analysis of accounting/billing issues.
- Reconcile accounts where funds are misapplied as appropriate.
- Provide backup to other areas of billing when needed, such as client services, shared billings, and annual system maintenance projects.
- Complete special projects as requested and furnish accounting-related information and reports as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High school diploma or equivalent (Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred) and ten or more years related experience preferably in a large legal or professional services firm; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong experience and knowledge of the accounting/billing processes and reporting requirements used by a large national law firm are preferred.
- Must be computer proficient with extensive knowledge and understanding of Accounting database systems (Aderant-CMS, ARCS), MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and Outlook preferred. Strong MS Excel skills essential. Experience with e-Billing processes and e- Billing Hub experience a plus.
- Ability to assess current processes and identify, implement and manage process improvements recommendations.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with courtesy and diplomacy, efficiently follow written and verbal instructions, provide information, and maintain effective relationships with a diverse group of attorneys, clients, staff, and outside contacts.
- Heavy contact with clients, attorneys, and staff regarding billing issues maintaining a customer service focus.
- Possess a strong customer service mentality for both internal and external clients.
- Analytical skills requiring an aptitude for detail, precision, and logic with comprehensive knowledge of billing principles and practices in order to perform essential duties.
- Exhibit high degree of initiative in order to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, detail-oriented work environment, and ensure work is completed within strict deadlines. Proactive with excellent troubleshooting, problem resolution, and follow-through skills.
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in team-oriented environment.
- Ability to identify and analyze complex billing issues and problems and to recommend and implement solutions. Proactive with excellent troubleshooting, problem resolution, and follow-through skills.
- Excellent organizational skills including record keeping, data collection, and system information. Ability to compile and analyze data and furnish concise, detailed information in report format, written correspondence, e-mail, or verbally.
- Ability to perform complex mathematical calculations and apply mathematical concepts when computing, reconciling balances, verifying numerical data, preparing various billing reports, providing back-up assistance and support in performing all aspects of accounting operations, and participating in preparation of the budget.
- Possess excellent knowledge of reading, writing, grammar, spelling, punctuation, proofreading, and formatting in order to interpret source data, coordinate and prepare complex billing, proofread material for grammatical, typographical, and spelling errors, and perform file maintenance.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including computer, laser printer, telephone, photocopier, calculator, facsimile, scanner, etc.
- Ability to occasionally retrieve and distribute files, written documentation, or office supplies weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Ability to work overtime as needed in order to meet Billing deadlines.